Environmentalists who blocked construction of a forestry road on the Sunshine Coast for more than five weeks have won a temporary victory in their bid to stop logging of an old-growth forest identified as a prime spot for black bear dens.
Vancouver Sun – B.C. suspends sale of ancient forest on Sunshine Coast identified as hot spot for bear dens
Help Us in Our Forest Protection Efforts – Donate Today!
Help Protect the Last of the Old Growth and Natural Mt. Elphinstone Forests!
Sign up today to get the latest News and Updates.
- ECOLOGICAL REPORT SUGGESTS PROTECTION FOR TWO KEY FORESTS
- ELF Alert News: Community Forests Engagement Process (July 9 &10)
- What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest?
- A Community Forest for the Community
- Sample Letter to BCTS Opposing Blk A93884 ( Clack Creek Gallery Forest) Auction
- Press Release – AJB/SURESPAN CONTINUES LOGGING IN THE CHAPMAN DRINKING WATERSHED
- The Day Road Forest is Threatened – AGAIN
- FPB Report – ELF Press Release – Elphinstone Plant Communities at Risk From Logging
- FPB Report concludes that ‘The Twist Shout Forest’ should have been protected
- CBC News – Logging injunction to be lifted
- Injunction Lifted -Letter to DoS REQUEST FOR STOP WORK EW28
- SUCCESS – Interim Injunction Granted to Protect Chanterelle Forest
- Supreme Court of BC issues a temporary injunction on SCCF and contractors
- Action Required – Chanterelle & Mt. E. Park update and action
- Wilson Creek Watershed Letter to Decision-Makers