Environmentalists who blocked construction of a forestry road on the Sunshine Coast for more than five weeks have won a temporary victory in their bid to stop logging of an old-growth forest identified as a prime spot for black bear dens.
Vancouver Sun – B.C. suspends sale of ancient forest on Sunshine Coast identified as hot spot for bear dens
Help Us in Our Forest Protection Efforts – Donate Today!
Help Protect the Last of the Old Growth and Natural Mt. Elphinstone Forests!
Sign up today to get the latest News and Updates.
- FPB Report – ELF Press Release – Elphinstone Plant Communities at Risk From Logging
- FPB Report concludes that ‘The Twist Shout Forest’ should have been protected
- CBC News – Logging injunction to be lifted
- Injunction Lifted -Letter to DoS REQUEST FOR STOP WORK EW28
- SUCCESS – Interim Injunction Granted to Protect Chanterelle Forest
- Supreme Court of BC issues a temporary injunction on SCCF and contractors
- Action Required – Chanterelle & Mt. E. Park update and action
- Wilson Creek Watershed Letter to Decision-Makers
- Emergency Alert – Important Chance to Protect the Chanterelle Forest
- Elphinstone Elk Report 2017 Published
- New Tree Photo Contest – Find the Coast’s Gnarliest Tree
- Chanterelle Forest Needs Protection – double page insert
- Health Trail Map v2 published – new trailhead added
- 2016 – ELF – A year in review
- Reed Rd Forest Reserve – reconsidered for logging