Roberts Creek Headwaters Ancient Forest is being considered as a new Provincial Ecological Reserve due to the significant high number of Pacific Yews growing under the Yellow-cedar canopy. Victoria-based NGO, Friends of Ecological Reserves, visited the area with ELF in early July. Further to this, BC Timber Sales has agreed to delay the selling of […]
New Archaeological Sites Created to Protect Culturally Modified Trees in the Roberts Creek Headwaters Ancient Forest
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: September 26, 2012 Roberts Creek, BC Canada New Archaeological Sites Created to Protect Culturally Modified Trees in the Roberts Creek Headwaters Ancient Forest Elphinstone Logging Focus (ELF) is pleased to advise the community that seven (7) new Archaeological Sites have been created to protect seventeen (17) definite Culturally Modified Trees (CMTs). These […]
Nicholas Simons, MLA, Powell River/ Sunshine Coast visits the Roberts Creek Headwaters Ancient Forest
Date: August 7, 2012, Nicholas Simons, MLA, Powell River/ Sunshine Coast visits the RC Headwaters Ancient Forest and the Wilson Creek Forest (see separate Campaign) and expresses his concerns for protecting both of these forest for their multiple long-term values for the community. See Pictures below (click to enlarge).
Help Us in Our Forest Protection Efforts – Donate Today!
- ELF 2018 End of Year Report
- Letter to the SCRD Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip)
- Elphinstone Park Expansion Campaign Continues
- ECOLOGICAL REPORT SUGGESTS PROTECTION FOR TWO KEY FORESTS
- ELF Alert News: Community Forests Engagement Process (July 9 &10)
- What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest?
- A Community Forest for the Community
- Sample Letter to BCTS Opposing Blk A93884 ( Clack Creek Gallery Forest) Auction
- Press Release – AJB/SURESPAN CONTINUES LOGGING IN THE CHAPMAN DRINKING WATERSHED
- The Day Road Forest is Threatened – AGAIN
- FPB Report – ELF Press Release – Elphinstone Plant Communities at Risk From Logging
- FPB Report concludes that ‘The Twist Shout Forest’ should have been protected
- CBC News – Logging injunction to be lifted
- Injunction Lifted -Letter to DoS REQUEST FOR STOP WORK EW28
- SUCCESS – Interim Injunction Granted to Protect Chanterelle Forest