Dear ELF Supporters, It’s been a full and productive year for ELF. We’d like to share with you a summary of our efforts in this 2018 End of Year Report. In Alberta they live in what could be characterized as an Oil State where many believe what is good for that industry is good for […]
Please note attached a video clip of the slash burn recorded Sept. 13th in the Chapman Drinking Watershed. Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2018 Subject: Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip) + quotes from Yale Environment To: Janette Loveys <Janette.Loveys@scrd.ca>, <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Bruce Milne <email@example.com>, Phil O’Connor <firstname.lastname@example.org> Dear Ms. Loveys, Please note attached a […]
Visit the campaign page here: http://www.loggingfocus.org/campaigns/expand-elphinstone-park/status-update-elphinstone-park-expansion/
Ecological Report Suggests Protection of Two Key Forests: 1 – Ecological-Study-of-Two-Proposed-Cutblocks 2 – Ecological Reconnaissance of BCTS Blocks A93884 and A91376 View the Campaign page for full details and background on these forests: http://www.loggingfocus.org/campaigns/save-the-clack-creek-gallery-forest/
HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE COMMUNITY FOREST Dear ELF Supporters, After years of our attempts to have the Sunshine Coast Community Forest (SCCF) logging operation be more publicly accountable, the District of Sechelt, owner of SCCF, is holding 2 public meetings to discuss possible new directions in how our local forest is managed within its […]
What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest? The following are some of the issues/concerns we have with the present operation of the Sunshine Coast Community Forest (SCCF): The SCCF continues to operate as a private logging company, simply selling raw logs, mainly to buyers off the coast including a significant portion exported overseas. Forest […]
Help Us in Our Forest Protection Efforts – Donate Today!
Help Protect the Last of the Old Growth and Natural Mt. Elphinstone Forests!
Sign up today to get the latest News and Updates.
- ELF 2018 End of Year Report
- Letter to the SCRD Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip)
- Elphinstone Park Expansion Campaign Continues
- ECOLOGICAL REPORT SUGGESTS PROTECTION FOR TWO KEY FORESTS
- ELF Alert News: Community Forests Engagement Process (July 9 &10)
- What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest?
- A Community Forest for the Community
- Sample Letter to BCTS Opposing Blk A93884 ( Clack Creek Gallery Forest) Auction
- Press Release – AJB/SURESPAN CONTINUES LOGGING IN THE CHAPMAN DRINKING WATERSHED
- The Day Road Forest is Threatened – AGAIN
- FPB Report – ELF Press Release – Elphinstone Plant Communities at Risk From Logging
- FPB Report concludes that ‘The Twist Shout Forest’ should have been protected
- CBC News – Logging injunction to be lifted
- Injunction Lifted -Letter to DoS REQUEST FOR STOP WORK EW28
- SUCCESS – Interim Injunction Granted to Protect Chanterelle Forest