Dear Minister Donaldson and Minister Heyman, We have an issue here on the lower Sunshine Coast that needs your immediate attention. The province has agreed to undertake an Elphinstone Land Use Plan with the shíshálh Nation and the SCRD. This could take years. In the meantime, the Ministry of Forests says: “Resource management and use […]
Dear ELF Supporters, It’s been a full and productive year for ELF. We’d like to share with you a summary of our efforts in this 2018 End of Year Report. In Alberta they live in what could be characterized as an Oil State where many believe what is good for that industry is good for […]
Please note attached a video clip of the slash burn recorded Sept. 13th in the Chapman Drinking Watershed. Date: Thu, Oct 4, 2018 Subject: Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip) + quotes from Yale Environment To: Janette Loveys <Janette.Loveys@scrd.ca>, <firstname.lastname@example.org> Cc: Bruce Milne <email@example.com>, Phil O’Connor <firstname.lastname@example.org> Dear Ms. Loveys, Please note attached a […]
Visit the campaign page here: http://www.loggingfocus.org/campaigns/expand-elphinstone-park/status-update-elphinstone-park-expansion/
Ecological Report Suggests Protection of Two Key Forests: 1 – Ecological-Study-of-Two-Proposed-Cutblocks 2 – Ecological Reconnaissance of BCTS Blocks A93884 and A91376 View the Campaign page for full details and background on these forests: http://www.loggingfocus.org/campaigns/save-the-clack-creek-gallery-forest/
HAVE YOUR SAY ON THE COMMUNITY FOREST Dear ELF Supporters, After years of our attempts to have the Sunshine Coast Community Forest (SCCF) logging operation be more publicly accountable, the District of Sechelt, owner of SCCF, is holding 2 public meetings to discuss possible new directions in how our local forest is managed within its […]
Become an ELF Forest Protection Supporter today. Suggested Donation $30 – $100. Monthly contributions can be set-up providing ELF with a solid base to work from. Thank you.
Help Protect the Last of the Old Growth and Natural Mt. Elphinstone Forests!
Sign up today to get the latest News and Updates.
- SAMPLE LETTER TO GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
- ELF 2018 End of Year Report
- Letter to the SCRD Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip)
- Elphinstone Park Expansion Campaign Continues
- ECOLOGICAL REPORT SUGGESTS PROTECTION FOR TWO KEY FORESTS
- ELF Alert News: Community Forests Engagement Process (July 9 &10)
- What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest?
- A Community Forest for the Community
- Sample Letter to BCTS Opposing Blk A93884 ( Clack Creek Gallery Forest) Auction
- Press Release – AJB/SURESPAN CONTINUES LOGGING IN THE CHAPMAN DRINKING WATERSHED
- The Day Road Forest is Threatened – AGAIN
- FPB Report – ELF Press Release – Elphinstone Plant Communities at Risk From Logging
- FPB Report concludes that ‘The Twist Shout Forest’ should have been protected
- CBC News – Logging injunction to be lifted
- Injunction Lifted -Letter to DoS REQUEST FOR STOP WORK EW28