Stand Up for The Clack Creek Forest event this Friday (January 24th) from 2-4 pm. Community Protest to send a strong message back to BC Timber Sales and the NDP that we’re still united on conservation of this Mature Intact Forest. Meet at the B & K Rd at Highway 101. Turn onto the B […]
PRESS RELEASE June 21, 2019 CALL FOR TAYLOR RIVER TO BECOME A FISHERIES SENSITIVE WATERSHED Elphinstone Logging Focus (ELF) calls on the B.C. government to begin the process of designating the Taylor River Valley as a Fisheries Sensitive Watershed (FSW) due to overwhelming evidence that this river is a significant contributor to the Sproat Lake […]
For Immediate Release – October 29, 2019 BC Timber Sales logging of Schmidt Creek old-growth imperils orca habitat On July 4, 2019, BC Timber Sales responded to an April 12th letter written by Victoria based environmental lawyer Mr. Matthew Nefstead, alleging that a timber sale approved in the Schmidt Creek Watershed on Vancouver Island, did […]
Media Release – and Video – On Saturday October 19th, Sunshine Coast residents secured more than 1,000 felt hearts onto trees in the threatened Clack Creek Forest – the critical central zone of the proposed Mt. Elphinstone Provincial Park expansion. The expansion of this 140 ha fragmented park to a unified and ecologically robust 2,000 […]
Press Release – September 3, 2019 BC Timber Sales Preparing Dakota Valley for Extensive Old-Growth Logging The BC government, through its logging agency BC Timber Sales (BCTS), is reopening a logging road leading into the Dakota Valley (Sunshine Coast) for a major old-growth logging operation. The valley has had a moratorium in place to help […]
Dear Minister Donaldson and Minister Heyman, We have an issue here on the lower Sunshine Coast that needs your immediate attention. The province has agreed to undertake an Elphinstone Land Use Plan with the shíshálh Nation and the SCRD. This could take years. In the meantime, the Ministry of Forests says: “Resource management and use […]
BECOME AN ELF “FOREST DEFENDER” TODAY BY DONATING EVERY MONTH! WHEN YOU CONTRIBUTE MONTHLY THEN ELF CAN SECURE A YEARLY BUDGET. CONTRIBUTE AS LOW AS $10/PER MONTH. SUGGESTED ONE-TIME DONATIONS OF $50-$100.>>>>>Should you have a larger gift you would like to discuss, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org <<<<<
Help Protect the Last of the Old Growth and Natural Mt. Elphinstone Forests!
Sign up today to get the latest News and Updates.
- Stand With The Clack Creek Forest-Friday-Jan-24-2020
- Protect the Taylor River Valley as a Fisheries Sensitive Watershed
- BC Timber Sales logging of Schmidt Creek old-growth imperils orca habitat
- Video – 1000 Hearts for Clack Creek Forest
- BC Timber Sales Preparing Dakota Valley for Extensive Old-Growth Logging
- SAMPLE LETTER TO GOVERNMENT MINISTERS
- ELF 2018 End of Year Report
- Letter to the SCRD Chapman Drinking Watershed slash burn (video clip)
- Elphinstone Park Expansion Campaign Continues
- ECOLOGICAL REPORT SUGGESTS PROTECTION FOR TWO KEY FORESTS
- ELF Alert News: Community Forests Engagement Process (July 9 &10)
- What’s wrong with the Sunshine Coast Community Forest?
- A Community Forest for the Community
- Sample Letter to BCTS Opposing Blk A93884 ( Clack Creek Gallery Forest) Auction
- Press Release – AJB/SURESPAN CONTINUES LOGGING IN THE CHAPMAN DRINKING WATERSHED